|Mirima National Park, Kununurra, Western Australia|
And the sun is well and truly up by then.
|The view from our campsite at the Lakeside Tourist Resort, Kununurra|
We tested out the theory with magical sunrise visit to the small but impressive rock formations of Mirima National Park, only a few kilometres from our campsite on Lily Lagoon.
And darned if it didn't start our Kununurra morning perfectly!
1. There was no one else around! Well ... apart from the two manic joggers busy filming themselves running for Facebook. If you're one of the 'lucky' ones to have seen the footage, it's my sad duty to inform you that it's SO not spontaneous!
2. The light was perfect for photography. TOO perfect. Maybe it's time to accept that not EVERY photo I take is an oil painting, and start culling before my SD card fills up. Again.
|The snake at the summit, Mirima National Park|
3. There was a lot more wildlife about. Sandstone shrike-thrush, Kestrel, White-quilled rock pigeon. Oh, and what's that snake-shaped shadow along the look-out ledge? That would be a three metre snake, of course!
|It's a python, right?!|
4. Getting up this early left the rest of the day free. And what better way to spend it than on a mango-cheesecake-and-mango-smoothie bender?! Kununurra's Ord River irrigation scheme means the area is an agricultural wonderland with WAY more than mangoes on offer ...
In places like this!
|Mango Smoothie heaven! Sandstone Gallery, Kununurra|
5. And the smug, superior, self-righteous glow you'll wear after such a sublime start to the morning lasts all day! Trust me!!
|Mirima National Park Rock Formations, Kununurra, Western Australia|
Want more information?
PS Please accept my apologies for not having visited many blogs in the last few weeks. I've had limited power to charge my netbook battery and limited internet access. I'll visit y'all to death as soon as I can!!