She's a REDHEAD!
She's a LOT like me!!
She's a LOT like me!!
Especially now that she's passed me the poisoned chalice of the LIEBSTER Award …
It seems that the origins of this blog-lovin' award that recognises blogging fabulousness (well, I got it, didn't I?) by highlighting selected blogs and profiling the bloggers who made them happen have been lost in the mists of time!
So, today I'm sticking with Vicki's rules – here's how to play!
- Share 11 Random Facts about yourself
- Answer Vicki's 11 questions
- Share the
painjoy by nominating another 11 bloggers. Give them your own 11 questions to answer; and tell them you've nominated them!
Red Nomad Revealed: 11 Random Facts about ME!
- My left eye is blue and my right eye is black. I've scared a lot of young children by pretending I'm an alien …
- … which technically I am. I was born in New Zealand! But if you want to observe a real, live deportation, you'll be disappointed. I'm an Australian citizen!!
- AND … a loud and proud Aussie traveller. Just don't ask me where my favourite place is – I'm so fickle it's generally the last place I've been to! At this point, that makes it the Snowy Mountains ...
- ...where the highest I've ever been (without flying) is 2228 metres – the top of Mt Kosciuszko, highest point in Australia …
- … which I climbed to celebrate a significant birthday. I'll leave you to guess which one!
|BLACK Sunset at Lake Pamamaroo, Menindee Lakes, New South Wales|
- BLACK is my favourite colour. But for
pedantspurists who insist it's NOT a colour, RED comes a very close second …
|What's NOT to love about RED? When it looks like this Eucalypt bark in the Snowy Mountains, that is!|
- … closely followed by other colours like Blue. And Green! Actually, ALL the colours of the Rainbow – so I've started some Pinterest boards to capture the Colours of OZ!
- But RED features prominently in many parts of OZ – including my choice for quintessential Aussie landscape photo!
|Dingo at Ormiston Gorge, Central Australia|
- I'm loudly and proudly an amateur photographer! My photos complement my diary as a visual record of what I actually see on my travels ...
- … which means I rarely leave the house without my 'camera equipment' (aka one point and click camera) …
- … and I leave creating art by post-production photographic manipulation to the experts! If my camera doesn't do it, it doesn't happen SO ... this is as good as it gets for me!
RED HOT: The GRILL – from Vicki:
My answers to Vicki's questions:
1 What is your favourite Ice Cream Flavour?
I've been told not to bother turning up to dinner parties unless I bring my own concoction involving fresh cherries, cranberries, brandy, nuts, lemon juice, brown sugar and ginger swirled through a homemade vanilla ice cream base and covered in chocolate sauce. OMG I love my own cooking ...
2 What is something you wish you could do really well?
Lose weight! But … that's probably
not going to happen in THIS lifetime with so many as yet undiscovered
Aussie bakeries just waiting for a Red Nomad OZ visit!
|Oldest Bakery in Australia - Gundagai, New South Wales|
3 If you had the chance to have lunch with one person (living or dead) who would it be?
That would depend on the lunch location.
So for example, it it's in the Outback, I'd choose Aussie poet Andrew 'Banjo' Paterson or Eulo Queen Hotel publican Isabel Robinson. In Central Australia, I'd choose activist for Aboriginal rights Olive Pink or Aboriginal artist Albert Namatjira. In the Riverland, I'd choose Aussie author Nancy Cato or explorer Captain Charles Sturt.
But for lunch on top of Australia's highest mountain Mt Kosciuszko? There's only ONE choice!! Pilchard's the man!
5 What activity recharges your energy?
Apart from travelling and eating?
That frisson of excitement when landscape, experience, colour, texture and novelty amalgamate into an instant of such staggering perfection I gasp involuntarily. And try to photograph it!
6 What is the best Festival you've ever been to?
I'm an each-way bet kinda gal. So it's a toss up between the Bedourie Camel Races and the Kununurra Agricultural Show!
|Camel Racing at Bedourie, Outback Queensland|
How DO you decide between a) eating a plateful of Cocky's joy while watching the boys from the bush clear the racetrack after a whole mess of camels have thundered down it; or b) watching your very first Cane Toad race while sucking down a frozen chocolate coated banana with a mango smoothie chaser??
7 What social network do you use the most?
The 'actual' one. You can't beat talking to real, live 'people' – even better if they're literal 'friends' – using actual 'words' in a 'conversation'.
|Old Pub sign, Hamilton Hotel via Winton|
For a piece of THAT action, visit @RedNomadOZ!
8 Why did you start your travel blog?
The short version? To share the best of OZ with the world.
The long version? Check out my first post HERE!
9 Where did you get your first passport stamp?
HHHMMMmmm … too young to remember. Quite possibly Fiji – but I was on my Mum's passport then. Does that count?
10 What one item do you never
|Arty Sunset Shot - Boab tree at Derby, the Kimberley, Western Australia|
It's a tough choice between good maps, travel insurance and ear-plugs. In fact, I can't decide. So YOU tell ME – which is the most important?!?!
Neither. A mongoose is the ONLY choice for an Ophidiophobic.
Share the Liebster LOVE:
And here are the lucky(!) bloggers I've nominated (in no particular order) …
- Saucy Kod at Saucy Kodz Blog
- Fun 60 at After 60 – the Next 10
- Jo at Zigazag Mag
- Kerry at A Novel Journey
- Carole M at Caroles Creative Corner
- Glen at Glens Life
- SFlaGuy at South Florida Guy
- Jill at Life Images by Jill
- Tina at Not Just Another Mother Blogger
- Rose at Rose ~ from OZ
- Beach Bum at Life and Times of a Carolina Parrothead
Your questions, should you choose to participate, are as follows:
- What's your favourite colour?
- What is the absolute BEST thing to eat?
- You're on a deserted island and you can choose one person to join you. Who is it?
- What scares you rigid?
- What's your favourite way to pass the time on a long journey?
- Where are you going for your next holiday?
- If you were to visit and/or travel in Australia, what would you most like to see?
- What's your all-time favourite book?
- What's your most popular blog post (define that however you like!)?
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- What's your favourite quote?
|Poplars at Lake Jindabyne, Snowy Mountains New South Wales|
And as I leave you with this gratuitous arty shot of Poplars reflected on Lake Jindabyne, I hope you've enjoyed the Liebster as much as I have!